Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend in Pictures

Happy Monday! I'm trying really hard not to dread work weeks and stop living just for the weekends. But its really hard. Especially now that the weather is nice and all I want to do is play outside!















Had a picnic at Iwo Jima this weekend. This is a great picnic spot with views of the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, and Capitol Building.





Had a little fun compiling multiple pictures into one.















I think Max Power enjoyed the picnic and relaxing at the park too.















Saturday Turner and I rode our bikes to check out H street's farmers market. This was my first time biking in the city and I have to say it wasn't too bad! Still need to get used to it though!










It was at the end of the market though so a lot of vendors were out of stuff. So then we headed over to Eastern Market.





































And to pick up a few more things for a fresh yummy lunch we went to the grocery store.



















I waited outside with the bikes and our farmers market goods. While waiting I noticed the fun textures and colors of the bike rack and pavement.















After our farmers market lunch we took another ride over the Anacostia and back around by the Nats stadium. I got in lots of city biking practice this weekend!















Saturday night my friend from North Carolina was in town so we took her out to H. Street. I usually try to take all my out of town friends to Sticky Rice because their sushi is just so darn good.















Yes we are immature and still play with our food.



















Sunday morning I had brunch at Matchbox with my bible study girls. Most people don't know that Matchbox has a seriously banging brunch and is not just a pizza place. And on Sundays they have live jazz music. I love their cinnamon buns that come in a skillet.

Another exciting happening of this weekend that I don't have pictures of is my sister had her baby on Sunday! Its been a roller-coaster week for my family with the passing of our dog and the birth of a new little boy! We are extremely excited for my sister, brother-in-law and their new addition to the family. Unfortunately I can't meet the little dude until our family vacation in July. But I'm counting down the days and beyond thrilled for my big sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin