Friday, April 30, 2010

Time for the Weekend




















So glad it is almost finally the weekend. This has been one super long week. I've been working non-stop on a million design projects this week. And while that will continue through the weekend, I can't wait to get out and about and enjoy the beautiful weather. There is a ton of stuff going on in the district this weekend. Here are a few highlights that I might check out:

Its that time of year again when Embassy's open their doors for the Around the World Tour. While I've never checked one out, I hear they are fun and a great way to get a crash course on a culture. Maybe this would even satisfy the travel bug I feel coming on....at least for a few weeks. Go here for the full schedule.

So many farmers markets are starting this weekend! I'm so ready for some fresh local produce! H Street NE, 14th and U, and Mount Pleasant all have markets starting this Saturday. And Mount Pleasant is having a free concert series from 2-7. I can't imagine a better way to spend a beautiful saturday then walking around a market and listening to live music.

Barracks row is having their tasting event along 8th street on Saturday. For $5 you can taste food from 14 area restaurants, which sounds like a great lunch to me!

I'm anxious to check out the photography exhibit: Beat Memories: The Photographs of Allen Ginsberg at the National Gallery of Art. The exhibit opens this weekend and runs to September 6th.

Those are just a few of the many events that caught my fancy for the weekend. What are you hoping to do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin