Thursday, March 25, 2010

Done with Jury Duty














I know I probably had the shortest case ever. Which is probably more the exception than the rule.

Jury Duty was actually a really positive experience. Maybe because I only had to take two days away from work, but I really enjoyed it! All the jurors on my case were a lot of fun and it was a really interesting process.

They told us we could talk about the case now, but I still feel weird divulging all the details of the case. But I will tell you about part of it so you can be more aware in the city. This young man walked up to a woman who was playing on her iphone and started talking to her. Then he snatched her phone out of her hands and jumped back in the car and sped off.

There was definitely more to the case than that. But I found it a good reminder to always be aware in the city. There have been more reports of snatching ipods and phones on the metro close to the doors. So this is just a friendly reminder to be aware of your surroundings when you are playing with your electronics. I know living in the city a few years now I get comfortable and less careful.

I completely lucked out with my experience, but I have to say I'm really glad I served jury duty. Everyone I encountered in the DC Court system was extremely friendly and helpful. Which surprised me and is probably pretty rare or unique to my experience. But the judge was very nice and respectful of us and our time. I enjoyed everyone on my jury. We all got along really well and obviously were able to come into agreement extremely quickly. It was a really positive experience for me which I did not expect at all.

And now I am back and can finally start every day life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin