Monday, December 28, 2009

My Christmas in North Carolina

Its Monday and back to the grind for me. I'm sure many of you are still enjoying your holiday this week, in which I am very jealous of. Though I had a really nice and relaxing week at home so I can't complain too much. I captured a few festive photos of my trip home. Though festivities did get cut short when I came down with the flu. Luckily I got a lot of my celebrating in before.



















My sisters and I decorated a gingerbread train with my nephew Ethan. He is obsessed with trains so all you have to say is trains and candy and he is there.



















The finished product.















Got together with some old high school friends for a bachelorette party.




















Lunch with my sister at the German Cafe and Bakery, Guglhupf, in Durham. During the warm months the patio is amazing and feels like something straight out of California. In the colder months the upstairs is nice and cozy with funky light fixtures hanging from the ceiling. Its the perfect place for a quick lunch, a cup of coffee and long chat, or even a study session by yourself.



















Had Christmas early with my sisters, brother-in-laws, and nephews. The kids of course had the most to open.













Ethan enjoying Curious George.



















Luke of course enjoyed the paper more than the gifts. If only we were all so easily pleased.















One of the houses in my neighborhood goes ALL out for Christmas. We drove by Christmas Eve and there was a line of cars waiting in line to go past.
















Watched old Christmas movies with my parents.



















Our front door and Christmas tree.



















The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.















Christmas decorations and my puppy.



















My favorite Christmas decoration is the garland and lights my parents hang on our back porch. It is so beautiful and feels kind of magical standing out there in the quiet of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin