Friday, December 11, 2009

My Very Own Real Christmas Tree



















Last night my roommate and I trudged a few blocks in the cold to Eastern Market in order to buy our Christmas Tree. This is the first year I've had a real tree of my very own. I decided to bite the bullet when I was sick of putting together my fake Christmas tree that was missing half of its parts for the stand. It would seriously fall over if you sneezed. So a real Christmas tree it was. I know its getting a little bit late in the month to buy a tree, but if you are considering it we paid $35 for this tree and it came with the stand. So basically we just picked it up walked it two blocks and plopped it down in our apartment. I'm all about minimal labor, and split with my roommate $17.50 was a great deal for a ready to go Christmas tree.

After we did the hard work of placing it in the corner, I decided it was well worth my hard earned money as it filled the apartment with an amazing evergreen smell. I had forgotten how amazing it is to have a real Christmas tree in your home. I'm pretty sure I just stood over the tree for 10 minutes inhaling deeply and getting high on the smell of Christmas.

Then it was time for the decorating. Which considering the size of the tree and the amount of ornaments I own, took like 15 minutes. Not exactly what it was like when I was a kid decorating a tree twice my size. I have to be honest that my ornaments are from my days in college when my roommates and I thought a girly Christmas tree would be fun. We reasoned that we had traditional trees at home. Which is true I guess. Though now that I'm a little bit older, I do slightly wish for something a little more toned down. But oh well, its fun and I don't have the disposable income to buy anything new. So it stays.

I may only get to enjoy it for a week, but its the best little Christmas tree I've ever owned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin