Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I sat down to start drafting my new years resolutions the other day. I don't like to do the cliche ones of losing weight or eating healthier. Those always die away by the first couple months. And there isn't really any sort of goal to achieve. This year I want to do fun resolutions. Things that will make my year a little brighter. Here are a few items I have on my list so far.

-Travel somewhere new
-Send a card by mail to a different friend each month
-Tour the Capitol Building (I have so many friends who work on the hill I don't know why I haven't managed a tour yet!)
-Volunteer in DC possibly with my design services
-And my favorite: Pick 12 classic movies and watch one each month of the year. When I was home over Christmas I watched Holiday Inn featuring Fred Astaire and Bing Crosby. I absolutely loved it and realized there were so many classics I hadn't seen. So below is my list of movies I've picked for myself and all I have to do is watch one from the list each month.

1) Roman Holiday
2) Casablanca
3) Funny Face
4) Gone with the Wind
5) An American in Paris
6) Singing in the Rain
7) Its a Wonderful Life
8) My Fair Lady
9) The Godfather
10) Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
11) Red River (Figured I should do one classic western)
12) An Affair to Remember

What about you? Any fun New Years Resolutions you are giving yourself?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin