Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Weekend in Pictures

I'm a little behind schedule on this. And debated doing it at all. But every time I skip a weekend in pictures I catch crap from my friends. So I do it for them. The snow put a major kink in my weekend plans, which maybe is a good thing. I'm having trouble forcing myself to slow down and take it easy. But with the cold wet snow it forces me to do just that. Nevertheless I was still able to squeeze in a few fun activities.



















Friday night I went to see the Upright Citizens Brigade Improv show at the Shakespeare Theatre. This group is based out of LA and New York and I highly recommend a show if you are ever in those cities or they are traveling to your town. I often forget how fun comedy shows are and this is definitely on my list of things to do more often.















All my plans Saturday were canceled because of the snow. So the only time I got outside was to pick up pizza from 7th Hill. If you've never been to 7th Hill their pizzas are very gourmet but good. Not a ton of seating though, so most times I just pick it up to go. All the names of their pizzas are cleverly named after landmarks in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. My favorites being the Navy Yard and the Union Station.

































Pictures through the foggy car window. I'm lazy and like to take snow pictures from the warmth of the car.















































Sunday morning I met my girlfriends for brunch at Old Ebbitt Grill. While often overrun by tourists, I feel like having brunch at Old Ebbitt at least once is a requirement to be a Washingtonian. Established in 1856, it is said Old Ebbitt Grill was a favorite of many presidents. Of course it has moved locations dozens of times since, they still have a lot of priceless memorabilia around the restaurant and you can't beat the proximity to the White House and museums.



















I'm always the child that lags behind and gets separated from the group. You probably can't tell from this picture, but my friends are passing the time dancing as they wait for me to cross the street.













After brunch we headed to the Corcoran to see the newly opened Turner to Cezanne exhibit. Of course you can't take pictures in their traveling exhibits, so these are from other parts of the museum. I would highly recommend the exhibit, even if you aren't a huge impressionist to post-impressionist fan. I think my favorite pieces were Whistler's Nocturne Blue and Gold and of course Monet always steals the show.




























Met a couple of friends at Teaism to go over our study. I thought for sure Teaism would be empty at 4:00 on a Sunday. Definitely wrong as there was a line almost out the door. I dealt with the crowds though because this is my favorite place in the city to get a cold Ginger Limeade and a Salty Oat cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin