Tuesday, April 28, 2009

J.Crew: Behind the Design



My good friend sent me this posting from J.Crew Aficionado about where the designers get their inspiration from.  She thought it was perfect for my blog, being J.Crew AND Inspiration.  What could be better than that?!  

The article above is from the latest catalog and quotes each designer on where they get their ideas from.  It is so interesting to learn what everyday objects and things lend inspiration to the clothes I wear so often.  It also reminds me to keep observing around me for daily inspiration.  You never know what beautiful thing will spark an idea.

Behind the Design-We work with some of the best of the best.  Our designers labor over quality, agonize over detail (and happen ot have degrees from some of the top design schools in the world).  See what inspires a few of our own-and find more at JCrew.com

-I spend weekends in flea markets and furniture stores, looking at beautiful vintage castings, interesting glass, shapes and new ways of construction. -L.F.

-Creativity comes from the everyday in New York.  I studied design at FIT, but I have to say, you learn more from life than school.  I'm inspired daily by the city's culture, people, architecture and history. -M.W.

-Books are a constant source of inspiration, something I picked up early at Parsons School for Design.  I read everything I can get my hands on. -T.M.

-My two boys inspire me daily.  We see so many great things together that I use at work - bright flowers and special details that I know kids are crazy for (and parents adore). -J.G.

-I went to the Royal Academy of Art in Holland, but I find my muse in American workwear from the '40's and '50's, roadside American and the earth tones of Joshua Tree National Park. -F.M.

{Thanks Katie!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin