Friday, May 29, 2009

Operation Nice



I stumbled across this Operation Nice blog where the goal is to encourage people to be proactively nice.  Apparently being nice is making a comeback according to the New York Times article that mentions Melissa's blog.  I was a little skeptical about all the optimism at first, but was surprised that reading some of the accounts made me want to go out of my way to be....well nice.  

Just the other day when I was on the metro to work, a man stood up to get off and told everybody to have a blessed and happy day.  Of course my first initial thought when he started talking was that he was probably a little off.  But no, he was just being nice.  Isn't that sad that I've been so hardened by the city!  Melissa's goal is to remind people that kindness goes a long way and that life could be a little better if we all went out of our way to do a few small acts of kindness for strangers.

So on that happy note I leave you to the weekend, and hopefully you can seize a few opportunities to be nice.    

{via HOW}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin