Monday, January 25, 2010

Catching up on Weekend in Pictures

Yes, I realize I disappeared again. I just couldn't handle blogging last week while going to a million doctors appointments and having more tests done. All while trying to juggle getting back in the office some. I'll be having surgery in a few weeks so hopefully I'll be on the road to recovery after that.

Ok so enough personal stuff. I know I usually shy away from getting personal on here. Since this is more a place for my inspiration than my problems. But I'm determined to get back to it this week.

So I'm starting with a few pictures of stuff I've been up to over the past few weeks. Basically catching up on two weeks worth of Weekend in Pictures. Even though I'm sick I am pretty awful about slowing down. It may not look like it, but I promise I've been going at a slower pace.



















Checked out the Gibson, a speakeasy type bar on U Street, for the first time. I was super sad I couldn't drink as I hear their cocktails are amazing. But their non-alcoholic juice was pretty good. And I loved the dark tavern type atmosphere. It is slightly pretentious you have to make reservations, and that they don't have any sort of sign/markings. But I'll over look that for the cozy bar and delicious drinks.















Tried out Rustico a few times in Alexandria. Again I hear their beer selection is great and once I'm able to drink again I'm definitely going back to check it out. Their pizzas are really good and it has the same warm vibe as their sister restaurants Tallulas and Birch & Barley and Churchkey.



















I've spent tons of time at coffee shops catching up on work. Since I was on bed rest I can't handle doing work at home anymore. So the perfect compromise is getting out to a coffee shop. Lately my favorite has definitely been SOVA on H Street, NE.





























Accompanied my friends to restaurant week at Poste. I didn't partake in the food, but it all looked delicious and the presentation was pretty amazing.



















Played Shuffle Board at a new bar called the Iron Horse in Chinatown.















Tried out the new restaurant Ping Pong Dim Sum also in China Town. The restaurant originates in London and the concept is a 21st century tea house. Basically it is an Asian tapas restaurant. According to my friend their cocktails are killer and I really enjoyed their tropical juices.

























































Checked off another consignment store on my list. This one was Mint Condition in Old Town Alexandria. It could have been that I wasn't in a huge shopping mood, but I wasn't extremely impressed. A lot of the prices seemed a little expensive for second hand. So far Current Boutique in Arlington is still my favorite and Treasury in the District.















Tried out Lavender Moon Cupcake while in Old Town. Wasn't anything special that I'd go out of my way for, but definitely was a good sugar fix while out and about.















Visited my favorite Vietnamese restaurant, Minh's in Arlington. Now that I live in the city I don't get out to Court House quite as much. But when I do, Minh's is always amazing.















More work at the coffee shop with my friend. We attempted to go to Buzz in Alexandria but it was completely packed. So we ended up at Caboose Cafe and Bakery in Del Ray. Not extremely cozy, but they had a good amount of seating and their sandwiches looked good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin