Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Killer Jellyfish of Graphic Design Favors



















I seriously laughed out loud when I read this poster. Mainly because it is way too true. Being a graphic designer I get hit up for free design favors ALL the time. Sometimes I don't mind it because it is for a good friend or it is a fun project. But sometimes it is ridiculous requests by people I barely know or at least do not fall into the friend category.

A few I've gotten most recently are t-shirt designs for the twilight movie premier because they were too cheap to purchase already made ones. And a sports poster for a football game with a specially designed font that includes the nike check in every letter. Both expected to be pro bono. And both expected to be just whipped up. I don't want to sound whiney because I love doing favors for my friends and family. But if you don't fall into that category and your request is super frivolous...it gets to be ridiculous. Which is why this poster is so glorious. Maybe I should hang this on my cubicle wall so people start to get the hint. Especially since I'm awful at saying no.


{via Core77}

2 comments:

  1. Haha. LOVED the poster. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Too funny and so true! I've been stung by just about every one of those requests!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin