Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Making of Fantastic Mr. Fox












I didn't have very many favorite movies in 2009. Maybe its because I didn't see very many, or maybe I was just underwhelmed by what was out there. Nevertheless one of the few movies that I absolutely loved last year was Fantastic Mr. Fox. I'd go as far as to say it was one of my favorites for 2009. Then again anything that Wes Anderson touches is gold.

I just loved how colorful it was, the amazing soundtrack (which in my opinion can make or break a movie) as well as the whimsical nature of it. And it was just different from everything else out there.

I recently stumbled upon a book that shows behind the scenes how the movie was made. And from the few pages I've seen I think I have to get my hands on this book. If it is half as creative, bright and eclectic as the movie then I know I will enjoy skimming through it. Just the sketches and color swatches look like they'd be good inspiration for when I'm in a design funk. If nothing else at least it will bring me back to the magical world of Mr. Fox and his friends.







































No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin