Monday, January 4, 2010

Weekend in Pictures

Happy 2010! It is so difficult coming back to work after a long weekend. Even though I had an extra day on my weekend I really didn't do much with my days. Got lots of errands and relaxing done! And of course recovering from New Years Eve.















Heading out with my girlfriends for New Years Eve festivities.















We were not very good about making plans in advance for New Years. So last minute we decided to go to the Ugly Mug where for a set price they had open bar and apps. Ended up being an excellent decision for a fun New Years.



















































Morning after I headed to brunch at Matchbox with my girlfriends. I recently discovered Matchbox's amazing brunch and have been addicted. They have delicious cinnamon rolls that come out in a hot skillet. And lots of other delicious brunch foods.



















I recovered from my NYE festivities in time to go out to sushi at Sticky Rice. I went here so often in 2009, I think it was only appropriate that I start off 2010 with a Godzirra roll and tater tots.



















Saturday night I had friends visiting in town, so I took them to my old stand by, Busboys and Poets. This restaurant is great for out of town visitors. Delicious american food with a few interesting dishes, great artistic diverse atmosphere, and the whole political thing going on. They absolutely loved it.





























Saturday night Game night since it was too freezing to brave the cold. If the weather doesn't shape up I have a feeling we are going to have to spend a few more Saturday nights like this.















My friend Katie playing with her crocodile dentist game. Which is made for a five-year-old yet totally freaked me out. I seriously did not want my finger snapped on!















I spent Sunday at SOVA, the coffee shop and wine bar on H street, NE. I think this is my new favorite coffee shop as it is so cozy and artistic. They serve you the coffee in these huge mugs and the upstairs is filled with a mismatch of couches and random artwork. I spent the afternoon sipping my caramel latte, sketching in my sketchbook and reading How to be an Explorer of the World (xmas gift from my awesome sisters) for inspiration. I'll do a separate post on my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin