Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Harry Potter Cover Redesigns

M.S. Corley has taken the liberty of redesigning the Harry Potter covers to reflect the style of classic Penguin books.  Now don't get me wrong, I love Mary GrandPre's illustrations, but these are just so great.  I am a sucker for two color design and having read all the books, I love the simple significance of each cover.  Scholastic hasn't bought into these redesigns, but I'm really hoping they do as an alternative.  Corley will also be offering these covers as prints in the near future.  

It also makes me wonder, does it ever upset you when a favorite book cover is redesigned?  I absolutely hate it when they make a movie out of a book and put the movie stars on the cover.  But I also love it when I go to a used bookstore and find an older cover design of a favorite book that I had not seen before.  In this case I am in full support of multiple designs.  And I'm also very thankful that they never put Daniel Radcliffe and his pals on the cover as an alternative design.









{via Oh?}

1 comment:

  1. I must say, I hate every single one. Ew. They're not at all in the spirit of the books! But what I do hate more, is when they put movie stars on the cover, so I'll take this over Daniel and friends. But still... Ew.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin