Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Morning Metro Thoughts


I ride the metro to and from work every morning so I have a lot of time to think.  I love observing people and assessing life during those rides.

I've always thought how interesting it would be to hear the thoughts of other people while on the train.  Especially during rush hour, the train is silent with people's thoughts.  Sometimes we can get caught up in our own lives to realize everybody else around us is trying to make it just the same.  You never know what the person next to you is going through.  If they are replaying a fight with a loved one or dealing with a hard day at work or are just making a list of items to pick up at the grocery store on the way home.  

I've been having many bad days recently so I've been trying to remind myself of this.  That the person next to me, listening to their ipod staring off into space could be dealing with even heavier stuff than me.  For a sliver of time our lives are intersecting as we take the train home but soon enough we will each be on our way with our own thoughts and troubles in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin