Tuesday, July 14, 2009

J. Crew Creative Director's Office



































My friend Katie, who always seems to have a radar for J. Crew inspiration, sent me this link of Jenna Lyson's office (J. Crew creative director).  I'm a huge fan of inspiration walls and have a big one myself at my desk.  It makes me happy to see I'm not the only one who loves organized chaos! And of course I have to include a few of my favorite interview questions from Jenna: 

What's inspiring you right now?
Anything and everything -- from artists, art, magazines, photography, to people in the street and traveling -- really anything and everything. I have been doing a lot work on the Miami store and I have been reading a lot about Ilse Crawford because we're trying to find ways to do interesting things with lighting. We are looking at some of his work and it's been really inspiring. We have this interesting scenario with the store in Miami that we can really utilize the light and Ilse Crawford is a great source of interior inspiration.  

Five Things About Jenna...

1. She has been collecting Vogue for 25 years. Her first Vogue was the August 1984 issue with Isabella Rossellini in the cover. 

2. She is obsessed with The Kills after recently seeing them in concert. 

3. Alexa Chung is her new inspiration for future shoots because she loves her style and her hair. 

4. Her favorite reads are The New Yorker and Monocle

5. She only wears high heels.

Go to Huffington Post to read the rest of the interview and see more pictures of items she keeps on her desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin