Monday, July 6, 2009

My Weekend in Pictures

Good Morning and Happy Monday. Or as happy as it can be at the end of a long weekend and the start of a 5 day week.  Hope everyone had a great 4th filled with lots of fireworks and cookouts.  

I had an amazing crazy busy weekend with my big sis and brother-in-law in town, covering most of the city in three days.  Below are just a few of the tons of pictures I took over the weekend.













We checked out the Smithsonian Folklife Festival on the mall.



















Went to the Smithsonian Natural Science Museum.  Since I hadn't been here in a while, the Ants exhibit and Ocean Hall were new to me.  They were both very interesting, though I might have gotten more out of them had it not been so crowded.



















Signed the September 11th Tribute Memorial Beam at the Newseum.













Took my sister and brother-in-law to Eastern Market, one of my favorite things about living on the Hill.  



















Eastern Market













The flower man at Eastern Market.



















Had a cookout with friends on the 4th.  Then walked to the water to see the Fireworks.  Definitely less hassle than staking out a spot all day like we did last year.













Took my family to the Newseum.  Even though it was my third time visiting, it never gets old.  It is so packed with interesting information we came out almost four hours later mentally exhausted.













Newseum













I snapped a few photographs of people at the Navy Memorial while walking to the metro.













I thought these two little girls were so funny playing together.



















Checked out Artomatic on its last day.  It made me sad I hadn't come earlier since it was free and FILLED with inspiration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin