Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Finally snowing in the district






I shot these photographs out of my bedroom window while I was getting ready this morning.  I love the human element in photographs so hopefully you don't get too creeped out that I was taking pictures of complete strangers!

Since I grew up in the south without a lot of snow during the winter, the smallest flurry still excites me. Living in DC we still have mild winters but always get a couple small snowstorms that satisfy my need for authentic winter experiences. I just love how it makes everything magical. The best part is that it gets so quiet and still. And then a few days later it is dirty slush. But for now it is still beautiful so I will take it for all its worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin