Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kat Macleod




I love these collage illustrations by Kat Macleod.  They honestly make me so happy with their bright colors and texture.  I've always wanted to try creating a collage design with scanned in fabrics or other items.  

This style is definitely becoming more prevalent in the design world with emphasis being put on doing part of the design outside of the computer.  I think it is very important because sometimes designers (including myself) rely a little too heavily on the computer.  This may be a generational thing since I have grown up with a computer since I was a kid.  Even so I am trying to break my bad habits by doing drawings away from the computer first.  These sketches are just a reminder of the potential that awaits me when I finally do.

{via Loveology}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin