Friday, January 23, 2009

Inauguration Photographs

The view down the mall from the Washington Monument
A girl recording Obama's Speech
Crowd listening to Obama's speech
Everybody cheering when Obama became President
Flags blowing in front of Monument
Inauguration Crowd
The crowd from the WWII Memorial all the way to the Lincoln Memorial

I thought I would share a few of my photographs from Inauguration day.  Living 8 blocks from the Capitol, I couldn't pass up heading down to check out the festivities.  I must say it was total insanity getting down there and walking home, but I do think it was worth it to experience history.  Because we weren't diehard and didn't leave the house until 8, we could only get as close as the Washington Monument.  Luckily we got a spot right under a jumbotron and were able to watch from there.

It was a lot of fun to have the city so alive for a weekend, but I am very happy that it is all over with now.  Our city is finally getting back to everyday life again.  That is besides the fact there are tons more road closures for the March for Life.  But I guess that just comes with the territory of living in DC, it never really does go back to completely normal everyday life.  And I guess you could say that is one of the reasons I love living here.     

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin