Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chronicles of a Kitchen Klutz: Pork Chops

So I have to admit, Monday night was the first time I had ever cooked pork chops.  Seriously.  And I'm not sure why I avoided the meat before, because it turned out to be really easy and delicious!  

I had asked my friend Katie for suggestions of quick meals to make and she recommended Pork Chops with Balsamic Glaze from Kayln's Kitchen blog.  I adjusted my recipe a little bit for the ingredients I had, so feel free to follow my version or Kayln's.

4 boneless pork chops
Fresh ground salt and pepper
Montreal Seasoning
2 T olive oil
2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. sugar

First I trimmed as much fat off the pork chops as possible.  The knives I used were awful, so towards the end I gave up and resolved to cutting it off while eating.

Then I covered both sides of the pork chops with fresh ground salt, pepper, and montreal seasoning.  I didn't use an exact measurement, just sort of rubbed it on.

Next I heated the olive oil on medium heat for a few minutes before adding the Pork chops.  I cooked the pork chops until they are brown on both sides and cooked all the way through.  This took about 10 minutes.



After the pork chops were cooked, I placed them on a plate and added the vinegar and sugar to the pan.  Lowering the heat slightly, I stirred for a few minutes until the liquid thickened.  Then I added the pork chops back in the pan and cooked for another 4 minutes.



I served my pork chops with olive oil and garlic couscous and the only mistake I made was pouring too much of the left over sauce on top.  Nonetheless it was still delicious and I made it in under an hour!  Which is a huge feat for me since I still stumble around the kitchen when cooking.  Turner had also made a bet with me that I couldn't finish it in under an hour so that provided me plenty of motivation as well.


(Turner insisted I use a photograph he took of me during the cooking process)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad you liked them! They're yummy aren't they? :) And the montreal seasoning is a good substitute for the penzey's, so it works out well.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin