Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Going Home

This past weekend I went home to North Carolina, which was my first trek down 95 for the year.  It reminded me of the things I love about going home.

Sleeping in my old room.  (Even if it doesn't look anything like my old room)
My golden retriever, Abby, who is sadly aging into an old woman.  Luckily she still remembers that when I'm home she gets to sleep with me.
Relaxing on our back porch, looking out into the woods, and pretending there isn't a single person for miles.  I wasn't able to this time around thanks to the rain, but hopefully come summer!
Being surrounded by gorgeous artwork.  My walls in my apartment are sadly void of any color or artwork.  But someday.
Having all kinds of entertainment at my fingertips. Between the hundreds of books my parents own, my mom's closet full of crafts and all their tv stations, it can be an amazing place of solace.
Getting to play my old piano again.  It is sad I keep getting worse every time I come home.

Homemade meals!  I actually made this one for my parents, but usually my mom spoils me.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this post, I can't tell you enough how much I enjoy seeing your pictures of your weekends with the captions, it's a unique way to see your life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin