Thursday, March 12, 2009

Local Art Scene: Cherie Lester Photography and Mixed Media

I am a huge fan of supporting local artists whenever possible.  Both for the obvious reasons and because I feel like the artwork is more meaningful coming from your own town.  A place where the artist may use the same daily surroundings as an inspiration.  And when the time comes to move, you can take that piece of your city with you.  It is important to me to have a little piece of everyplace I've lived in my home.

With that being said, I've decided to seek out more local DC artists to feature on Inspiration DC.  The first of many is Cherie Lester, who does Photography and Mixed Media.  I love that she uses a few familiar DC scenes in her artwork.  But I can also appreciate that she does have variety, and not all of her work is DC themed.  For someone looking for new wall artwork to add to their collection at a reasonable price, she is a great place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin