Monday, March 9, 2009

Learning to Cook: Chronicles of a Kitchen Klutz

So I know I am not as much of a klutz in the kitchen when it comes to baking, but I couldn't resist sharing a new trick I learned.  

I love making my favorite homemade Coconut Chocolate Chip cookies.  I usually refrigerate half my dough and bake half my dough.  Being a single girl, I can't be eating whole batches of cookies.  And it works out because I usually then have dough on hand to make homemade cookies when friends come over.  The one problem is that it refrigerates into one big mass of cookie dough that is difficult to spoon or shape.  

I found this trick in a cooking magazine over the weekend (sorry I don't remember which one).  

After making the dough you shape it into balls on a cookie sheet.  Just like you were getting ready to put them in the oven.

You then place them in the freezer for an hour.  (Please ignore the mess that is my freezer)


After an hour they are then perfectly shaped balls that you can put together in a ziplock bag and place back in the freezer.

Then you can pull out even just a couple when you want to make cookies.  It is just like having those store bought already shaped cookies in your fridge, but better because they are homemade!  So easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin