Wednesday, November 18, 2009

House on a Rock

So my friend Katie forwarded me this house built on a rock.  Its a mass email of sorts that has been floating around.  And while I usually am not a huge fan of mass forwarded emails, this one is extremely fun.  And not like most emails I get.

The Clingstone is a mansion in Rhode Island that was built 103 years ago.  Can you imagine!  Not only is it a house built on a rock, but it was built over a 100 years ago.   The owners run it sort of like a camp in that one week out of the year tons of family volunteers come and do work/maintenance on the house.  They also let some people stay at the house for a week in the summer in exchange for labor.  Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, where do I sign up.

The interior of the house is just as stunning as the exterior with all 23 rooms filled with huge picture windows taking in the view.  Can you imagine living in a house with every single room has a stunning view?  I can't even appropriately describe with words, so instead I'll let you look at the beautiful pictures.  














































































































Since I received this via email I don't have any links or photo credits.  If you happen to know of any please send them my way.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely unique!
    Here's some articles about the house and more photos:
    http://tinyurl.com/6z3xhq
    http://tinyurl.com/y87bhez

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin