Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend in Pictures

Happy Monday Afternoon! Hope everyone had a spectacularly spooky Halloween. My weekend was a little all over the place, but I did enjoy lots of time with friends. Unfortunately I did not get any pictures of my Halloween, I know what was I thinking. But I have plenty of pictures from all the food and restaurants I went to.



















I started off my weekend right with halloween themed drinks at Zolas. I don't remember what all was in the drink except some sort of sparkling wine, whiskey bitters, something blackberry, and halloween fangs (which were awesome).



















Friday night I tried out the new pizza place on the Hill called 7th Hill and it is delicious. While the pizzas are kind of small for the price, a small did fill me up perfectly. And all the names are areas/streets on the Hill. Seating is pretty slim so we had to take the pizzas back to my apartment. Which I didn't mind since I don't live too far, but if I didn't live on the hill I could see the seating thing being a problem.















Saturday morning I met a few of my girlfriends for brunch at Circa in Dupont. This was my first time at Circa, and while not anything unique their omelets were delicious. And its always nice to have brunch with friends and catch up on the week's events.













Saturday afternoon I did an engagement shoot for my friends. We walked along the tidal basin taking pictures at the monuments and in the leaves. It was a lot of fun to be able to pose them and they were good sports. Now I just have to go through all 1200 pictures I took!











































Sunday morning I met friends for brunch at La Creperie in Pentagon Row. I've always passed by this place many times and wondered if it was any good. While all you get is a crepe (no sides, I guess thats the French way) it was pretty good. Not anything mind blowing, but on a cold rainy morning when I was still recovering from Halloween festivities it did hit the spot.



















Sunday afternoon I headed to Old Town, Alexandria with one of my girlfriends for the Potomac Bead Company. This bead store is seriously a jewelry maker's mecca. Two floors of wall to wall gorgeous beads. Not going to lie, I was a little overwhelmed.



















We then headed over to Buzz Bakery, which I'd heard so much about yet never tried. I have to say it is definitely worth making a trip out to Old Town for. They have tons of delicious cupcakes, baked goods, coffee and more. And a nice seating area where people read, do work, even have a knitting club!















I had a pumpkin cupcake and an apple cider. The perfect afternoon fall snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin