Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend in Pictures

Happy Monday! Thank goodness it is only a three day week, I am so antsy for another weekend. Luckily this weekend was a good one for both fun and relaxation.



















My friend won a free stay at the fancy Aloft hotel out by Dulles. So we made a girls night of it. The hotel is super modern and fun. We were slightly caught off guard when we walked into the lobby and they had a dj with blaring music and a pretty random crowd. Not exactly the relaxing girls night we had planned. But it was still an extremely nice hotel to stay in.




















The cool light fixtures in the hallway.



















I'm a nerd, but I loved that they had bliss products in the bathroom.



















Can't really tell from this picture but the elevators had floors with the blue gel stuff in it. Every time we got in it was super fun to play with. We are pretty sure whoever mans the elevator security cameras thought we were total nerds.













Saturday we decided to check out Village Winery. This winery is an extremely chill family operation with the owner manning the tastings. None of this fancy stuff with huge tasting areas and ten people working. It was just the owner and his wine. And it was fantastic. Tastings are free with a suggested $3 donation. I highly suggest the sweet apple wine made from a variety of apples for $12 a bottle.



















They also make Elderberry syrup and beverage mix. He had us try about 10 different ways to mix and serve it. My favorite was combined with apple wine and mulled hot like cider. He also listed off all the health benefits of eating elderberry provides. I'm not much of a scientific person, but if I can eat something that good every day and stay healthy thats fine by me.























































We also did a little photo shoot for my friend's headshot. It is for her food writing so we played with the food theme a little bit.

















































Saturday night I went out with a group of friends to Atomic Billiards in Cleveland Park. This is a great dive bar with all kinds of games. We played about 4 rounds of pool and while I had a ton of fun playing, I've decided I totally suck. I was lucky I kept all the balls on the table, lets just put it that way.

































Afterwards we headed to Hawk 'n' Dove on the hill for one last drink.



















Sunday I spent the day partaking in a DC Thanksgiving Dinner with friends. I used to do this with friends in college every year and I'm so happy the tradition has followed to DC. The faces may be a little different through the years but it is still good food, great company and a lot of fun. After consuming way too much food I spent the rest of the day in food coma. Hopefully I'll recover by Thursday to do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin