Thursday, November 26, 2009

Macy's Day Parade

As I sit curled up on the couch watching the Macy's Day Parade, I can't help but think how long this tradition has gone on.  Well before I was watching as a little one and well before my favorite movie Miracle on 34th Street came out.  Honestly I could do without so many of the cheesy lip singing ballads and could do with a few more traditional floats.  I can't help but wonder what it would be like to be in New York in the 1930s with the first Mickey Mouse balloon.  These pictures give a little glimpse at what it must have been like.

Hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving.  I'm off to spend time with my family and enjoy some good food.






























































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin