Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Out of Town Guest Activity

A few weeks back I had three friends from high school come up to DC to visit. I always get a little stressed with out of town guests wanting to entertain and show them the best DC has to offer. I think its important to combine a couple touristy activities with several non-touristy off the beaten path activities.

For my one and only tourist activity of the weekend, I decided to take them for a night walk around the monuments. Even my friends who have been to these memorials at some point in their life found a new beauty and interest with the night glow. Another perk is that they are more enjoyable with smaller crowds than during the daytime. It felt so intimate in the mask of night time, you almost feel like you have the memorials to yourself. We were able to sit around the WWII memorial fountain and catch up on life while overlooking the beautiful city of DC. It proved to be perfect for any visitor and I plan to keep this in my back pocket for any future out of town guests.



















WWII Memorial Fountain













WWII Memorial



















WWII Memorial













FDR Memorial













FDR Memorial



















Walking around the Tidal Basin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin