Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My New Favorite Accessory













This Tea Rose Belt from Anthropologie is my newest favorite accessory. Now I'm actually not a huge flower person. And while I love belts on other people, I haven't been able to really pull it off myself. Until this belt came along that is. This belt changed everything. Ok maybe thats a little bit overly dramatic. But you catch my drift.

Sitting on the shelf, I probably wouldn't have looked twice at this belt. But Anthropologie was tricky and put it on a mannequin with the most adorable outfit. As if I don't fall in love with most of their merchandise anyways, they pair together items I would have never look at and make me fall in love with those too! I ended up buying the belt AND the sweater of course. What can I say, I'm a sucker. But I was still a little nervous as to what else I would wear it with. Once I got home though the possibilities started unfolding and I was so excited to see it looked good with many of my outfits.

I was actually so very excited that I emailed my big sister and told her she had to buy this belt as well. Like I said it is just that cute. Being the good big sister that she is, she listened to me and also purchased the belt right away. What can I say, I'm a good salesman. And then she asked me to send her pictures of the outfits I wear it with, because she just wasn't quite sure what to do with it. I figured since I went through the trouble of photographing my outfits for her, I might as well share! As a side note, I've never photographed my outfits before and didn't realize how hard it is! So please forgive me for the poor picture quality. And also my bare feet. I promise I usually wear shoes.



















You can pair it with a blouse and skirt. The blouse is from H&M and the skirt is from Banana Republic. I even pulled the skirt up a bit and held it in place with the belt. The belt stays in place really well and you just let the excess hang down as a second flower petal.



















You can belt it with sweaters underneath. I'm especially excited to wear this combo in the fall. The dress underneath is a plain and simple sleeveless black suit dress from Banana Republic and the sweater is from Anthropologie.



















You can add it to dresses. Especially dresses that already come with sashes. This dress from Anthropologie (like I told you I'm a sucker for Anthro) already came with a blue sash and I just replaced it with the belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin