Friday, October 2, 2009

My Thrift Store Find: Current Boutique



















Until recently I was never much of a thrift store shopper. Don't get me wrong, I was always jealous of the girl who had trendy clothes and also got to brag she found them in a treasure hunt at a second hand store. I just wasn't aware that good deals were so easy to find and the thought of treasure hunting seemed daunting.

That is until I ventured into Current Boutique with one of my girlfriends last weekend. Especially the way we've all been feeling an extra pinch in our wallet these days, this is definitely the way to shop! So it is no secret that I am a lover of everything Anthro. And because I have practically all their lines memorized, I recognized the above dress almost as soon as I pulled it off the rack. This dress was from their spring line, only a few months ago. And had I bought it then, it would have cost me around $135. But instead I paid a mere $35 for it. And it barely looks worn. My friend got an adorable pair of dark wash Joe's Jeans for $50, which we all know run you $150-$200 full price.

So overall a very successful shopping trip. And getting an amazing deal always makes me happy. Also you don't have to worry about sifting through the crap at Current Boutique. They are great about choosing in style clothes that are in good condition. And if you want to make yourself some cash you can bring in your own clothes for resale as well.

I think I've caught the thrift store bug now as I am planning on checking out another thrift store in the district this weekend. If I have any success I'll for sure report back. Current Boutique is located in Arlington, VA at 2529 Wilson Boulevard.

As a side note I realize this week has been a little fashion heavy. I'll do my best to balance that out next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin