Monday, October 5, 2009

My Weekend in Pictures

This past weekend was filled with so many fun fall activities. It really makes me so happy the weather is cooling down a little and that the city is bustling full of activity and festivals.















Friday night my friend Katie invited me to have dinner with her at the Chef's Pass at West End Bistro. This was actually an amazing experience where we had the chef bring us whatever he wanted us to eat. I ate so many amazingly delicious things I'd never pick off the menu like octopus and gnocchi and shrimp and grits with chorizo. I will seriously food dream about those shrimp and grits. The executive chef Joe, sous chef Adam and everyone else in the kitchen were all so nice and welcoming as well.











































































Saturday I headed down to U Street to do a little consignment/thrift store shopping. This time I went to Treasury which was stock full of beautiful vintage pieces. I found an amazing Mad Men/Jacquie O dress and my friend found a great 70's mod purple dress.





































Afterwards we were parched and tired from our shopping and headed to Busboys and Poets for drinks and food. Every time I go to Busboys and Poets, I'm reminded of why I love this city so much. Such culture, art, and diversity!





































I spent the afternoon making jewelry for a party I went to later that night. I haven't made jewelry in forever and was a little rusty, but it was nice to get back into it. And I couldn't find the right accessory, so why not just make it!



















Saturday night we had wine and fondue at my friends apartment before heading to a party.



















The party was a black tie gala at a friend of a friend's house. It was pretty insane how nice of a party and house it was.



























I spent Sunday at Chrysalis Vineyards for a wine and bluegrass festival. My friend Katie won free tickets for her and a guest and was so nice to take me along. They had lots of good wine to taste.













Great bluegrass music to listen to.



















Beautiful Vineyards.




















Hayride tours.



















And lots of fun farm things to take pictures of. It was the perfect relaxing way to end a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin