Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Weekend in Pictures

Happy Tuesday.  I've been sick for the past few days, hence the delay on Weekend in Pictures.  Luckily it didn't come on until the end of my "fall-tastic" weekend.  















While I didn't start off my weekend with a "fall" happy hour, I did at least start off my weekend with a happy hour at Fox and Hounds in Dupont.



















Saturday morning I had brunch with a friend at the french restaurant Montmartre in Eastern Market.  Even though I live so close by, it was my first time trying this delicious brunch spot.













Afterwards we walked around the market buying pumpkins and cider.











































Saturday afternoon another one of my friends paid a visit to my neighborhood.  We warmed up some of my market cider and went for a walk around Capitol Hill.



















We stopped at Hill's Kitchen, one of my favorite cooking stores, to pick up a few items for our baking project.




















Then Frager's Hardware so I could pick up a few items for the apartment.



















They were having a pumpkin carving contest, which I thought was so cute.













Fall color in my neighborhood.



















Playing in the leaves.













Then we made delicious apple cider doughnuts from Smitten Kitchen's recipe.













Sunday I went apple picking with a group of friends at Crooked Run Orchard, about an hour outside DC.



















You can also pick your own pumpkins there.




















Unfortunately the apple trees were a little over picked.  So we just bought apples at the stand instead.














And more pumpkins of course.



















Afterwards we checked out the fairly new Sunset Hills Vineyard.



















Their wine tastings are in a really cute barn and surprisingly it was actually pretty crowded around the bar.















After your tastings you can sit on the back porch, listen to live music, and enjoy wine, fresh bread, and cheese.













The perfect fall day on a vineyard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin