Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Weekend in Pictures

Happy Pseudo Monday! I apologize for the super late post of my long-weekend. It has been a crazy day trying to catch up on all I missed when I was out yesterday. But I had a fabulous fall weekend up in Boston with my sister and brother-in-law. Unfortunately I don't remember all the names of the places we went, so there won't be as much info as I usually share. But lots of fun fall pictures!



















After my flight got in super delayed Friday night we headed out to dinner to a really fun southern style restaurant in Somerville. I loved the dive/funky atmosphere.



















We started Saturday morning out right with Pumpkin pancakes my brother-in-law fixed for us. Yes, thats right, my sister has a wonderful husband who cooks breakfast for her all the time.













As a side note don't you love their pottery plates? They were a wedding gift from my parents and each piece is so unique. I'm definitely in favor of this instead of typical China.



















My sister and I did a little antiquing on the North Shore. Since I was only traveling with a small suitcase I couldn't buy anything to bring back, but it was still fun to look.





































Then we all went apple picking. Which I've been dying to do all fall!













And of course you have to eat a few of the apples you pick!



















I do love a good farm animal caution sign!



















Tons of beautiful pumpkins and a red pickup truck. Can you get more picturesque fall in New England!



















Then we walked around a beautiful estate on the North Shore. I'd like to add that I hiked up this hill wearing ballet flats with hot apple cider in one hand and my camera in the other. Luckily I didn't slip and fall, especially since I would have to choose between my beloved camera and my beloved cider.































Then we checked out the beach at sunset before heading back to the city.



















We spent Sunday morning walking around Beacon Hill and Newbury Street in downtown Boston. I've always loved the contrast of new skyscrapers and old historic buildings in the city. Definitely part of its charm.



















After brunch we left the city and drove up to Portsmouth, NH. Since the leaves weren't really changing in Boston we were hoping we'd spot some more color in New Hampshire. Not a ton of luck, but it was still gorgeous.





































Of course I made them stop at another pumpkin patch. Can't ever get enough pumpkins!















We had dinner at Common Man, a cozy restaurant that is popular in New Hampshire. While waiting for our table we had hot apple cider (with rum) and cheese and crackers. The cider with rum was like fall in a glass.



















I love New England church steeples.



















The adorable downtown of Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin